Microsoft making Office available in some capacity on the iPad is huge news, obviously. But even more interesting is the back-and-forth about this story.
Depending on the hour, Microsoft is either:
- Readying a version of Office for the iPad in the coming weeks.
- Not readying a version of Office for the iPad in the coming weeks.
- Denying the screenshots are real.
- Not denying the software is real.
- Showing off the software to journalists.
- Denying the software shown to journalists is real. But not denying that software was shown to journalists.
I fully expect this to continue into the night.